Ladies and gentlemen, today I want to introduce you to the golden oneone of the great allies for those who do not know much about cooking but want to show off and prepare a lunch or dinner for someone special.
Or you can simply prepare this one baked sea bream recipe for you alone and eat something delicious with a little wine in between. This is the right recipe.
About the baked sea bream
What kind of fish is bream
It’s a saltwater fish which is commonly found in Mediterranean shores. It is a white fish that is characterized by its tender meat and its soft and delicate flavor. Its meat is rich in protein, vitamins and minerals, such as iron and calcium.
Dorada is a highly valued fish in world cuisine, because it can be used in a wide variety of recipes, such as stews, roasts, fried and baked, it always turns out well. is an excellent protein source and it is low in saturated fat, which makes it a healthy option to include in a balanced diet.
What to keep in mind before cooking sea bream in the oven
At the time of cook dorada at home, it is important to take into account some aspects to achieve an optimal result. I recommend that you keep in mind some things like:
- freshness: Make sure you buy a quality, fresh bream. Fresh sea bream should have a shiny appearance, clear bright eyes, red gills, and flesh that is firm to the touch.
- Cleaning: Before cooking the bream, it is important to clean it properly, removing scales, guts and gills. If you buy whole bream, you can ask the fishmonger to clean it for you.
- Temperature: Bream is best cooked at a high, constant temperature. Be sure to preheat the oven or grill before cooking for optimal results.
- Cooking time: The cooking time will depend on the cooking method you choose and the size of the sea bream. In general, it is recommended to cook the bream for 15-20 minutes in the oven or on the grill, but be sure to check on the bream regularly to prevent overcooking.
- Condiments and seasonings: Bream has a delicate, mild flavor, so it’s important not to use seasonings or seasonings that can overwhelm its flavor. It is recommended to use fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary or parsley, lemon, garlic and olive oil.
What are the ways to cook the dorada
There are some different methods of cooking gilthead bream, depending on the tastes and preferences of each person. Here are some options:
- Baked: This is one of the most popular methods of cooking bream. It can be stuffed with aromatic herbs, lemon and garlic, or simply roasted with a little olive oil and salt.
- Grilled: Another very popular way to cook sea bream is on the grill. You can marinate the sea bream with lemon, garlic, rosemary and olive oil before putting it on the grill.
- Fries: The sea bream can also be cooked fried in hot oil. It is common to use flour to coat before frying.
- Steamed: This is a healthier cooking method than frying. You can cook the sea bream in a steamer with a little lemon and aromatic herbs.
- Foil: This method consists of cooking the sea bream wrapped in aluminum foil or parchment paper with a mixture of herbs, lemon and olive oil.
Either of these options is a delicious way to cook sea bream and enjoy its smooth, delicate flavor.
You may also be interested in knowing 9 easy and simple fish recipes!
Drinks to pair the sea bream
The gilthead is a fish with a delicate flavor, so it is generally recommended to pair with light and fresh white wines that do not dominate their flavor. Here are some pairing options:
- Dry white wine: A light, dry white wine, such as a Sauvignon Blanc or Albariño, can perfectly complement the sea bream. These wines have a fresh and fruity flavor that will enhance the mild flavors of the fish.
- Pink wine: A light, dry rosé wine, such as a Pinot Noir rosé or a Garnacha rosé, can also be a good pairing with gilthead bream. The fruity and fresh flavors of the wine will complement the flavors of the sea bream well.
- Beer: If you prefer beer, a light and refreshing beer, such as a Lager or a Pilsner, can be a good choice to pair with the sea bream. The carbonation and refreshing taste of the beer can balance the flavors of the fish.
- Agua: If you prefer not to drink alcohol, water is always a good option to pair with any fish dish, including sea bream. A sparkling mineral water can be an interesting option to balance the flavors of the dish.
Baked sea bream with potatoes
- Yield: 4 portions
- Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 2 gilthead bream (we ask for the gilthead giltheads already filleted at the fishmonger)
- 2 peeled onions
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 green pepper
- 5 potatoes
- 1 glass of white wine
- virgin olive oil
How to make baked bream with potatoes in simple steps
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices.
- Cut the onions and bell pepper into thick strips (julienned).
- Cut 2 garlic cloves into slices.
- Place olive oil in a pan to sauté the potatoes. Add the onion and bell pepper. Cook everything for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to the oven tray and place the seasoned fish fillets on top of the potatoes.
- Pour the white wine over the fish and cook in the oven at 180º for 12 minutes.