Hello hello dear readers of Paulina Cocina! I hope you are having a good week eating delicious and making our recipes. Here we are planning many new things as you can see on our social networks and we continue to share here these easy and successful recipes that we are asked for so much. Let’s talk about stuffed zucchinis or courgetteseach one will tell you differently depending on where in the world you are reading from.
Generally in Latin America we talk about zucchini and in European or English-speaking countries we talk about zucchini (although here too). But we are all talking about the same vegetable that we are going to fill in today.
About the stuffed zucchini recipe
Stuffed zucchini offer a wide range of options for the filling. They can be stuffed with meat, such as minced beef, pork, or chicken. Vegetarian options can also be used, such as rice, quinoa, legumes, mushrooms and other vegetables. You can even combine different ingredients. They are highly versatile and can be adapted to suit different tastes and dietary needs. They can be customized to individual preferences, whether by adding spices, herbs, cheeses, sauces, or any other desired ingredient.
Stuffed zucchini have an attractive presentation, as the zucchini act as natural containers for the filling. This makes them a popular choice to serve on special occasions or to impress guests.
The stuffed vegetable recipes are very easy and versatile, so we also suggest you try making stuffed chili peppers, stuffed zucchini, mushrooms stuffed with ham and scallions, and whatever vegetables you come across for filling. And not to mention that it is a good option to incorporate vegetables into the family menu.
Different options to make stuffed zucchini
In addition to the traditional green zucchini, there are also other zucchini varieties that can be used to prepare stuffed zucchini. Some varieties include yellow zucchini, Italian zucchini (with an elongated shape and darker skin), and round zucchini.
Although the most common way to prepare stuffed zucchini is by baking themThey can also be cooked in other ways. They can be boiled, steamed, sautéed or even microwaved. The choice of the cooking technique It depends on the time available and personal preferences.
Some stuffed zucchini are served with an additional sauce or toppinglike tomato sauce Bechamel sauce or grated cheese. In the case of bechamel, it will give the meat a flavor contrast to soften the dish.
Stuffed zucchini and nutrition
Stuffed zucchini are a nutritious meal option. Zucchini are low in calories and high in water, vitamins (such as vitamin C and vitamin A), minerals (such as potassium and magnesium), and dietary fiber. The type of filling used, whether meat-based or vegetable-based, can also provide protein, carbohydrates, and other important nutrients.
Stuffed zucchini is a versatile and delicious option that combines the freshness of zucchini with a flavorful filling. They are a great way to enjoy the nutritional benefits of zucchini, while also taking advantage of culinary creativity when preparing different types of filling.
Recipe for zucchini stuffed with minced meat in the oven
Stuffed zucchini are a delicious culinary preparation that consists of using zucchini as the base for a tasty filling. In this recipe we are going to make them with minced meat and we are going to put them in the oven. This will allow us to make a larger quantity at once and keep the flavors intact.
When we buy a zucchini to fill as in this recipe, we have to make sure that it is medium in size, to avoid a greater number of seeds, that it is compact and firm, light in color, shiny and without bruises.
- Yield: 4 portions
- Preparation time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 4 medium zucchini
- 500 gr of minced meat (can be beef, pork or chicken)
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil amount required
- Grated cheese
How to make zucchini stuffed with minced meat in the oven
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Gently scoop out the pulp with a spoon, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Reserve the extracted pulp.
- In a large skillet, heat a little olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until golden and fragrant.
- Add the red pepper, the grated carrot and the chopped zucchini pulp. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the minced meat to the pan and cook until well browned and cooked through. Break up any lumps of meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the chopped tomato, cumin powder, sweet paprika, salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cooked rice. Mix well all the ingredients.
- Stuff each zucchini half with the minced meat and vegetable mixture and place in a baking dish. Sprinkle grated cheese over the zucchini and bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until the zucchini are tender and the filling is cooked through.
- Remove them from the oven and accompany them with a salad or rice.