Hello friends of Paulina Cocina! On this occasion and taking into account that winter is already showing its nose in our region, we bring you a recipe for Chicken Soup to make at home and warm the body, because in this community we love soups! In this note we are going to give you some variants and ideas so that the soup is very tasty, tips so that the chicken does not dry out and some tips to add more flavor and color to this winter delicacy.
Of course and as always, at the end of the note we leave you a simple recipe to prepare a delicious chicken soup with noodles and vegetablesa very complete and comforting dish for those days when we need to eat something warm.
About the chicken soup
Chicken soup is a classic, comforting and nutritious dish which has been part of our kitchens for several generations. The combination of chicken, noodles and vegetables in an aromatic broth is simply irresistible, especially on cold days.
Chicken soup is a dish that is part of the gastronomic culture of many countries. Its origins go back to ancient times, when it was discovered that cooking chicken in a rich broth was a perfect way to take advantage of all the flavors and nutrients of the bird.
To this tasty combination, the noodles are added to provide texture to the dish, and if vegetables are also incorporated, we are talking about a very complete meal that does not need any more additives.
The world’s chicken noodle soup
In different regions of the world, variations of chicken noodle soup can be found. Here we mention only some of the most popular.
- The “Chicken Noodle Soup“ It is a classic of American cuisine. It is made with chicken broth, egg noodles, carrots, celery, and shredded chicken.
- In Mexico, chicken noodle soup is known simply as “Chicken Noodle Soup“. It is made with a chicken broth seasoned with herbs and spices, thin noodles are added and served with tender chicken pieces and vegetables such as carrots, zucchini and chayote. It is usually seasoned with lemon and chili.
- In Chinese cuisine, chicken noodle soup is known as “Jīdān miàn tāng“. It is prepared with chicken broth, wheat or rice noodles, shredded chicken, egg and vegetables such as pak choi or Chinese spinach. often added soy sauce to give it additional flavor.
- In Italy, chicken noodle soup is known as “Soup with Chicken and Pasta“. It is made with chicken broth, short noodles like ditalini or pastina, shredded chicken, vegetables like carrots and celery, and seasoned with Italian herbs like rosemary and thyme.
You can also see all soup recipes what we have!
7 Tips for a Delicious Chicken and Noodle Soup
- Use Homemade Chicken Broth instead of a commercial one it will give the soup a more authentic and fresh flavor.
- Another trick is lightly brown the chicken before adding it to the broth, this will intensify its flavor and help it not dry out.
- Always cook the chicken over low heat to keep it tender and juicy.
- Add the vegetables gradually during cooking so they don’t get too soft and keep their crunchy texture.
- Add the noodles respecting their cooking time, so that they are not too soft. They can also be cooked separately and added at the last minute.
- To prevent the chicken from drying out, it is important not to cook it too long. Remove the chicken from the broth once it is fully cooked and shred or cut into small pieces. Add to soup just before serving.
- To avoid undesirable odor during chicken cooking it is important that the chicken is fresh. In addition you can add aromatic ingredients such as garlic, onion and celery.
Hints of flavor for the chicken noodle soup recipe
- For a more original soup, additional vegetables can be added to the typical ones, such as spinach, mushroomscorn, or roasted peppers, to add more color and texture.
- Another option is to use noodles of different types, such as fideos de windowswhole wheat or included soba fideos (buckwheat) for an interesting twist.
- They can also be incorporated legumes, such as beans (beans) or chickpeas, which add more flavor and texture to the soup, as well as making it even more nutritious.
Chicken noodle and vegetable soup recipe
Yield: Between 4 and 6 servings
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 500 grams of boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1 large onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large potato peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 celery stalks, cut into chunks (include the leaves)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 200 grams of noodles of your choice
- 1 liter of homemade chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Olive oil
How to make chicken noodle and vegetable soup
- In a large pot, heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook until lightly browned.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half and add them to the pot. Cook on both sides until no longer pink in the center.
- Add the broth to the pot and bring the mixture to a boil. Remove impurities with the help of a slotted spoon. Add the carrots, celery and potato. Lower the heat and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes for the flavors to integrate.
- When the chicken is ready, remove and shred following the fibers of the chicken to prevent it from drying out. Add the chicken back to the pot.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles al dente. Once cooked, strain and add to the soup pot. Cook for 3 to 5 more minutes. Season to taste.
- Serve the chicken noodle and vegetable soup piping hot and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.