Turning an old door into a stylish table is a great DIY project that can give new life to an old piece of furniture. Here are some general steps to follow:
- Old door
- Sawhorses or table legs
- Measuring tape
- Saw or jigsaw
- Stain or paint
- Polyurethane or sealant
- Clean the door: Start by cleaning the door thoroughly to remove any dirt, dust, or debris. You can use a damp cloth or a mild cleaner to wipe it down.
- Choose the legs: You can either use sawhorses or table legs to support your door. If you choose sawhorses, make sure they are sturdy enough to hold the weight of the door. If you choose table legs, you’ll need to measure the width and height of the door and purchase legs that are the appropriate size.
- Cut the door to size: If your door is too large for your space, you may need to cut it down to size. Use a saw or jigsaw to cut the door to the desired length and width.
- Sand the door: Once you have the right size, sand the door to remove any rough spots or imperfections. You can start with a coarse sandpaper and work your way up to a finer grit.
- Stain or paint the door: Now it’s time to add some color or finish to your table. You can stain the door to enhance the natural wood grain or paint it to match your decor. Make sure to let the stain or paint dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Apply polyurethane or sealant: Once the stain or paint is dry, apply a coat of polyurethane or sealant to protect the surface and give it a smooth finish.
- Attach the legs: Finally, attach the legs or sawhorses to the door using screws. Make sure the legs are evenly spaced and secure.
Your stylish new table is now ready to use!