Pancakes in 5 Steps and surprise everyone!
Welcome to Paulina Cocina! Pancakes or pancakes, either way they are delicious and always a good choice for any time. They can be sweet or salty. A fun part of these pancakes is that they can be accompanied by jam, syrup, butter, cheese and other ingredients that you like. The grace is that it combines very well with different flavors and presentations.
Today we will see the secrets and tricks to make the best pancakes of your life.
About the classic pancake recipe
Pancakes are a food that has become very popular over the years., it is a type of flat and circular pancake. Its preparation consists of a liquid dough that is cooked in a pan and the most beautiful thing is that it only takes 5 minutes to cook.
How do you say, pancakes or pancakes?
A big question is that in English, the word “pancakes” is written and pronounced “pancakes”.
In Spanish, the word “pancakes” is written and pronounced “pancakes”. Both words refer to a type of flat, circular cake that is made from a liquid dough and cooked in a pan or griddle.
The secrets of this preparation
There are many tricks to prepare fluffy pancakes:
- Mix the ingredients well: The first secret for them to come out fluffy is that the dough is well mixed and without lumps.
- Using a little yeast: yeast is the ingredient that gives them their spongy texture.
- The rest of the dough is essential: After mixing the ingredients, we have to let the dough rest for a few minutes.
- Cook them over medium-low heat.: a moderate temperature is important to avoid burning them and by the way we make sure that they cook evenly.
- Once in the pan, don’t move them until the edges are dry, golden brown and the surface begins to bubble.
Tricks and tips for healthy pancakes
To make them healthier, and to make them just as delicious as the traditional ones, follow these tips and tricks:
- Use whole wheat flour: Whole wheat flour is a fiber- and nutrient-dense option to refined white flour.
- Use low-fat or non-dairy milk
- Using sugar substitutes: stevia or honey can be used instead of refined sugar to increase the amount of nutrients.
- Add fruits and vegetables: you can add fresh fruits or vegetables like banana, carrot or spinach to the dough to increase the amount of nutrients and fiber.
- Using Coconut Oil or Olive Oil: you can use coconut oil or olive oil instead of shortening to reduce the amount of saturated fat.
American style pancakes
American pancakes are a fairly typical version of this preparation.. These are prepared with a light and soft dough that is cooked in a pan or griddle. They are classics in American breakfasts and brunches, famous for their sponginess and flavor and are characterized by:
- They are usually served with maple syrup, jam, melted butter, or fresh fruit.
- They can also be found filled with sweets, such as Nutella or dulce de leche.
- They tend to be fluffier and lighter, thanks to the combination of flour, milk, eggs, sugar, baking powder, and shortening in the recipe.
- Another difference is the shape and size: they are usually bigger and rounder than those from other countries.
However, despite these differences, this preparation is still very popular and appreciated throughout the world.
What do they call pancakes in Spain?
In Spain, pancakes are known as “Pancakes” o “hot cakes“. As in other countries, Spanish “tortitas” are cooked in a skillet or griddle and can be prepared in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Although the recipe may vary, the Spanish version of pancakes usually includes flour, milk, eggs, sugar, and a little oil or butter.
Fluffy pancakes recipe, American type
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp. wholemeal flour
- 3 tablespoons wheat flour 0000
- 250 milk
- 80 gr of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of optional sugar if they are sweet.
- To accompany: Syrup, honey, nuts, fresh fruits, chocolate, peanut butter, dulce de leche.
How to make American pancakes step by step
- Place an egg in a bowl with a pinch of salt and beat.
- Add the whole wheat flour and the 0000 flour and mix well until combined. Add a splash of milk to beat easier.
- Put the essence of vanilla and sugar in case you want them sweet. Add the baking powder and beat vigorously. Add the melted butter.
- The preparation will be rather liquid. Take half an hour to the fridge, this step is important so that the flour absorbs the liquid and thickens.
- In a nonstick skillet with a little butter or oil spray, place about two tablespoons of preparation. Brown on both sides and serve.