Hello everyone and welcome to this new recipe in the Paulina Cocina community! In this opportunity we are going to tell you step by step how to make a three chocolate cakean irresistible dessert for chocolate fans.
We are going to give you all the tips and advice so that it turns out perfect, and the ingredients that you will need to enjoy this delight at home. Let’s cook!
On the cake three chocolates
Three percentages of cocoa
The three chocolate cake is an irresistible recipe for chocolate lovers. This layered cake is a combination of three chocolates with different percentages of cocoa, with a biscuit base that gives it a crunchy touch and a unique texture.
The three chocolate cake is ideal for a birthday or a celebration, since it does not need to be baked, it is an easy recipe that can be made for any occasion and surprise at a dinner at home with friends or family. The best thing is that you don’t need to know too much about pastry to prepare it.
What is important to know is that, although the three chocolate cake is a cold dessert that no oven neededif it has a preparation time for each layer to firm up, and also it takes several hours in the refrigerator before we can enjoy it, so that its texture has the necessary consistency.
Where did the three chocolate cake come from?
As the story goes, the three chocolate cake was born in Francein the 80s, by the hand of a famous chef who wanted to experiment with the different types of chocolate available to him.
From there, this cake popularized and today it is one of the most requested desserts in any pastry shop or restaurant, and a very famous recipe on cooking portals.
The keys to getting the best three chocolate cake
The recipe for the three chocolate cake varies depending on the region and the chef who prepares it, but is generally made with a biscuit or sponge base and three layers of chocolate, each of a different type.
Although in this note we suggest the percentages of cocoa that chocolates must have, you can also try making it with different varieties:
- for the layer of chocolate negro chocolate with 60% or 70% cocoa is used
- for the layer of milk chocolate chocolate with a cocoa content of 30% to 40% is used.
- for the layer of White chocolate white chocolate is used
So that the three chocolate cake remains firm you can use any of these options:
- Curd powder.
- Unflavored gelatin, either in sheets or powder.
The three chocolate cake is served coldand for decoration, sprinkled cocoa, chocolate shavings, chocolate sprinkles, fresh fruits or edible decorations are usually used.
Tips for preparing a perfect three chocolate cake
- It is important to use a good quality chocolateespecially for the dark chocolate layer.
- make sure of hydrate the gelatin well and mix well with the hot cream to avoid lumps in the mixture.
- It is important let cool each layer well before adding the next, so they don’t mix and lose the layering effect.
Recipe to prepare a three chocolate cake
- Yield: 8 servings
- Time of preparation: approximately 2 hours (taking into account the necessary cold between layer and layer)
- fridge time: 4 hours approximately
- 200 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 200g white chocolate
- 500 ml of cream (cream) 35% fat
- 150g of sugar
- 20 g unflavored gelatin (4 sachets)
- 100 ml of water
- 500 ml of whole milk
- 1 package of cookies (cookies) type Maria
- 150 g lard (butter)
How to prepare the three chocolate cake step by step
Cookie base preparation
- Crush the cookies until they are powdered, either in a chopper, blender or crushing them with a rolling pin, inside a bag.
- In a bowl, mix the crushed cookies with the melted butter. In a removable mold, place parchment paper on the base and place the cookie dough on top, crushing with the base of a spoon to compact. Take to the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to harden.
Preparation of the three layers of chocolate
- Cut the dark chocolate into small pieces and melt in a bain-marie or in the microwave.
- To hydrate 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin, dilute it in water at room temperature and let it rest for a few minutes or microwave for 10 seconds.
- Heat 200 ml of cream with 50 g of sugar until it starts to boil. Remove from the heat and add the gelatin. Mix well and add the mixture to the melted chocolate.
- Pour all the mixture on the cookie base in the mold. Take to the fridge until the layer is firm (approximately 45 minutes).
- To prepare the second layer of chocolate, repeat the same preparation process as the first layer, but with the milk chocolate.
- Once the mixture is ready, pour over the already firm dark chocolate layer, and place in the fridge until firm.
- For the third layer of chocolate, repeat the same process as for the previous layers, but with the white chocolate. For this preparation, the two remaining unflavored gelatin envelopes are used, since white chocolate requires it to remain firm.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the already hardened milk chocolate layer. Take to the fridge and chill for at least 4 hours.
Once ready, decorate as you like and savor it!