Good morning, good afternoon, good night friends and friends! Today we bring you an inevitable recipe to always have on hand: Banana bread, o banana bread (banana). This moist, sweet and tasty bread is perfect to start the day with a lot of energy, your children are going to love it, and if you put chocolate chips on top, it’s a party!
The banana is a very noble fruit that can be used even with its last breath, and this bread is a great example of that. In this note we tell you everything you need to know about the banana bread and as always at the end, we leave you an easy recipe so you can enjoy this delicacy at home.
About the banana bread
Banana bread, also known as banana breadis an irresistible pudding that combines the softness and sweetness of ripe bananas with the characteristic sponginess of a good bread.
Banana bread is a type of sweet bread, which is characterized by its smoothness and banana flavor. It is mainly made with ripe bananas, which are stepped on and incorporated into the dough along with other ingredients such as flour, sugar, eggs, milk and lard (butter) or oil. The result is a moist, aromatic and very tasty bread.
How to make banana bread
Preparing this bread is very simple. Many times there are bananas that darken in the fruit bowl and we don’t know what to do with them. We can do smoothies, Banana Cake or this delicious bread, which is an excellent alternative to take advantage of them, since the more ripe they are, the sweeter and more aromatic the bread will be.
Quick like this: the bananas are mashed and mixed first with the wet ingredients and then with the dry ones, which are incorporated with the help of a sieve. It cooks around 60 minutes in the oven and the rich thing about this bread is that it can be eaten fresh from the oven, still warm, or cold at any time.
Origin and history of banana bread
The origin of banana bread dates back to the 19th century in the United States. During that time, bananas began to be imported in large quantities from Central America. As the fruit became more popular, people began to experiment with different ways to use it. This is how the idea of incorporating them into the preparation of breads and cakes arose.
The banana bread recipe it quickly became a staple in American homes, especially during the Great Depression of the 1930s. In that lean period, families looked for inexpensive ways to put food to good use, including ripe bananas. In addition to its taste, banana bread was an ideal choice due to its simplicity and low cost.
Over time, the Banana cake It spread throughout the world, becoming a very popular recipe in different gastronomic cultures. Today, variations of this delicious bread can be found in different countries, each with its own distinctive twist.
Ingredients and Alternatives for Banana Cake
The banana bread recipe It basically needs ripe plantains, and the rest are basic ingredients such as flour, sugar, eggs, milk, and butter or oil. However, there are alternative options that can be used to tailor banana bread according to dietary preferences or needs.
- With fiber: For a healthier, fiber-rich version, you can replace some or all of the wheat flour with whole wheat flour.
- Sin TACC: As a gluten-free alternative, you can use rice flour to prepare banana bread, or a premix type flour for this type of preparation.
- With natural sweeteners: Instead of white sugar, you can opt for brown sugar or natural sweeteners such as honey or agave syrup. These sweeteners will give it a unique flavor.
- Sugarfree: You can avoid the use of sugar by using very ripe bananas, which already have a lot of sweetness.
- With oats: Oats can add more fiber and nutrients to banana bread.
- Flavor Hints: Banana bread works great with nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips for added texture and flavor.
4 tips for a fluffy banana bread
- Using Ripe Bananas: Ripe bananas are sweeter and softer, contributing to a good banana bread texture and flavor.
- Do not over mix: Mix the ingredients until they are integrated. Avoid over-beating the dough, as this can make the bread too dense.
- Add Baking Powder and Baking Soda: These ingredients help the bread rise and stay fluffy.
- Bake at proper temperature: It is essential to preheat the oven before putting the bread in and not to open the oven prematurely.
Now is the time, with everything written down and the ingredients on the table, let’s see how it turns out…
Follow me on Instagram (here)
banana bread recipe
Yield: 10 servings (approximately)
Preparation time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 200 g wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Salt: 1 pinch
- 100g sugar
- Corn oil 125 cm3 or ½ cup of melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 50cm3 leche
- 3 ripe bananas
- Optional: Nuts, raisins, chocolate chips (to taste)
How to make banana bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and butter-flour a bread or pudding tin.
- In a large bowl, mash the plantains with a fork until smooth. Add the eggs, oil or melted butter, milk and vanilla essence, integrate. Then add the sugar and mix all the ingredients well.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Add to the previous mixture in three steps, and integrate until there are no lumps. Then you can add the previously floured nuts, raisins or chocolate chips and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once cooked, remove the banana bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then, unmold and place on a wire rack to cool completely.