Hello friends of Paulina Cocina! We hope you are well and looking forward to eating something delicious and healthy: “Lubina in the oven”a delicious baked white fish, with tasty and soft meat, that you cannot miss if you like recipes with fish, as much as we do.
In this note we pass them all the secrets of baked sea basswhich bears that name because of the way in which it is cooked, open and with the skin down. We invite you to learn more about this delicious fishsome tips to open it and unpin it without dying trying and, of course, a easy recipe to make at home.
About the baked sea bass recipe
Baked sea bass is a traditional dish of Mediterranean cuisine. Its origin dates back to ancient times, when fishermen used to cook fresh fish directly over the embers of a beach bonfire. This technique allowed the flavor of the fish to stand out and preserve its juiciness.
The tradition of cooking and enjoying this recipe has been passed down from generation to generation on the Mediterranean coasts. This dish represents the connection with the sea and respect for the fresh ingredients and quality.
Over time, this preparation evolved and adapted to modern kitchens. Nowadays the Baked sea bass can be cooked in the oven, but also grilled or grilled.always with a delicious result.
Sea bass: a white and tasty fish
The sea bass is a White fish which is mainly found in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. It is also known by other names, such as robalo o European sea bass.
This fish is highly appreciated in gastronomy due to its white and juicy meatas well as his delicate and smooth flavor. Has a firm texture It dissolves easily when cooked, making it a perfect ingredient for a wide variety of culinary preparations.
Open the sea bass in 4 steps
To enjoy a perfectly cooked baked sea bassit is important to know how to open fish properly.
- Clean the sea bass, removing scales and viscera. Wash well and dry with absorbent paper.
- With a sharp knife, make a deep cut along the central spine of the sea bass. In this way, there will be two fillets joined by the skin and bones.
- Very carefully, separate the fillets from the central spine. Help yourself with a fine-point knife and a spatula.
- Once the sea bass has been opened, season it with salt and pepper to taste, also adding a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
4 tips to make this recipe
- Open the sea bass according to the detailed steps or ask the fishmonger to do it for us.
- Add aromatic herbssuch as rosemary, thyme or parsley on the sea bass to enhance the flavor of the fish.
- Add some slices of lemon on the sea bass before putting it in the oven.
- Control the cooking time to prevent the fish from being dry. The sea bass on the back usually needs between 15 and 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 180°C.
4 accompaniments for Galician baked sea bass
Baked sea bass is a versatile dish that combines perfectly with different accompaniments. Some recommended options are:
- Baked potatoes: Las baked potatoes They are the classic accompaniment to baked sea bass. They can be sliced or quartered and seasoned with salt, pepper, and olive oil before baking.
- Green salad: A fresh and crunchy salad is the ideal complement to counteract the intensity of the fish. You can prepare a salad with green leaves, tomatoes and cucumbers, ingredients that do not invade the flavor of the fish.
- Mashed potatoes: For a creamier accompaniment, a mashed potatoes homemade with a touch of nutmeg and lard (butter) is a great choice.
- White rice: And White rice Fine long grain is an option that looks great accompanying any fish.
If you want other ideas with fish, here is my selection of recipes with fish.
And now I leave you with the recipe, tkm, bye.
Follow me on Instagram (here)
On YouTube I upload new videos every week (click here)
Baked sea bass with potatoes recipe
- 1 fresh sea bass
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Aromatic herbs to taste (rosemary and/or thyme)
- Lemon slices (optional)
How to make baked sea bass in 5 steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Meanwhile, clean the sea bass, removing scales and viscera. Wash and dry well. With a sharp knife, open the sea bass behind the back following the steps mentioned above (“Open the sea bass in 4 steps”).
- Season the sea bass fillets with salt and pepper, add a splash of olive oil and a few slices of lemon. Sprinkle with thyme and/or rosemary.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into slices or quarters, season with salt, pepper and paprika. Place in the oven, leaving a place in the center of the tray for the fish, and cook for around 10 or 15 minutes.
- After that time, place the sea bass on the tray and return to the oven. Cook for 15/20 minutes or until the sea bass is cooked and the potatoes are tender and golden.
- Serve the sea bass on the back with the potatoes and enjoy with a glass of a good white wine.