Taking a traditional recipe and upgrading it to make it with an electric appliance is my passion! Welcome to Paulina Kitchen and the recipe for cornbread in a blender that they have no excuse not to make.
Corn, corn, jojoto or cob. It’s all the same plant but the name changes depending on its state. Now that we all know what ingredient we are talking about, we are going to call it corn from now on.
So, are you ready to learn everything about this corn bread recipe? Let’s get started!!
About corn bread
We introduce you to corn bread, its particularities and versions
He cornbreada traditional delicacy in many regions of Latin America, is a delicious combination of flavors and textures that celebrates one of the continent’s most iconic ingredients: the corn.
The heart of cornbread lies in fresh corn. The juicy and tender grains They are carefully shelled, separating them from the cob. The key to the characteristic softness and moisture of this bread lies in the mixture of butter, sugar, eggs, wheat flour and baking powder.
In many cases, a blender becomes the tool of choice to achieve a uniform consistency. Some versions may include additional touches, such as ricottavanilla or cinnamonto further enhance the flavor experience.
Ancient origin of corn bread
Its origin dates back to indigenous roots and the rich culinary tradition of Latin America. This emblematic dish finds its origins in the long history of corn in the diet of the pre-columbian cultures.
The corn bread recipe It evolved over the centuries, fusing the culinary knowledge of indigenous populations with the culinary influences brought by European colonizers.
The arrival of the butter and sugar Through the Columbian exchange he added new flavors and textures to the traditional preparation of corn. This fusion of flavors and techniques resulted in the creation of the cornbreada delicacy that captures the essence of corn.
How can we preserve corn bread
The proper conservation of cornbread It is essential to maintain its freshness and flavor for longer. Since this delicious dish contains fresh and tender ingredientsit is important to follow some guidelines to ensure its quality and prevent it from degrading prematurely.
After baking the cornbread and allow it to cool completely, it is advisable to wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to protect it from exposure in the air. This will help prevent it from drying out and maintain its moist texture.
He cornbread It can be stored in the refrigerator to extend its shelf life. However, it must be taken into account that it could affect the texture of the bread, making it firmer. If you want to preserve it for a longer period, freezing is a viable option. Cut the bread into individual portions and wrap it in film paper or aluminum foil.
Differences between corn cake, corn bread, corn pie and corn cake
As we are already seeing, the cornbread It has a dense and compact texture. It is made with ground or grated corn kernels, eggs, butter, milk, sugar, flour and baking powder. It is baked in a rectangular mold and cut into slices. It can be eaten alone or with cream, cheese or jam. Let’s see what the others are like:
- Corn Cake: It is a spongy and moist dessert that is made with liquefied corn kernels, eggs, butter, condensed milk, baking powder and other ingredients. It is baked in a round or square mold and can be decorated with grated coconut or cinnamon.
- corn pie: It is a dessert that consists of a shortcrust or puff pastry base filled with a creamy mixture of liquefied corn kernels, evaporated milk, condensed milk, eggs and vanilla. It is a recipe originally from Mexico that is usually prepared during the harvest season.
- Corn Cake: It is a dessert that is made with cooked and shelled corn kernels, eggs, fresh cheese, milk, sugar and cinnamon. It can be served hot or cold, with honey or maple syrup. It is a traditional recipe from Venezuela that is also known as jojoto cake.
Now we are ready to try this incredible flavor, pay attention because the steps are very simple but there is a little trick. It’s all worth it in the end, I promise!
Follow me on Instagram (here)
Watch a related recipe on YouTube (click here)
Yield: 8 servings
Preparation time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 3 fresh corn (shelled)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
How to make the best corn bread recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a rectangular loaf pan.
- Add the shelled corn, eggs, sugar, melted butter and milk to the blender. Blend until you have a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift the wheat flour, baking powder and pinch of salt. This will help avoid lumps in the dough.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients with the vanilla essence and mix with gentle movements until incorporated.
- Pour into the greased mold and level the surface. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool in the mold for a few minutes before removing it from the mold.