Hello friends of Paulina Cocina! This time we are going to talk about the first meal of the day. Are they from breakfast or are they the kind that run out in a hurry every morning? for both cases these oatmeal pancakes are ideal for being very healthy, easy to prepare and having a wide variety of combinations to accompany them.
As always I bring you interesting information and recipes that I have tried and tasted. In this case, I always choose oatmeal pancakes to start my day off right with something sweet, delicious and above all, healthy. Also, let’s tell the truth, they use simple ingredients that we usually have at home, so let’s get to work!
Oatmeal pancakes and their combinations
Filled, bathed, with different toppings or added to the mix, oatmeal pancakes are easy to prepare and thanks to its versatility, adaptable to the taste of everyone at home. Today we are going to tell you about the best recipe for pancakes with oatmeal, some tips that work very well and variations to leave each member of your family or friend happy.
Salty or sweet?
They can be present in a healthy breakfast, in a light lunch accompanied by vegetables, a fun snack with chocolate and dulce de leche or whatever your imagination proposes. Making oatmeal pancakes salty or sweet will depend on the time of day, what we have at home or what our tastes dictate. Don’t be afraid to experiment and get creative.
The most common thing is to put fresh fruits on top such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, kiwis or sliced bananas but then I’m going to give you some more ideas:
- Nuts: In addition to being delicious and nutritious, walnuts, almonds, chestnuts or any other dried fruit give the recipe the contrast between the fluffiness of the oatmeal pancakes and the crunchiness of the dried fruit.
- flavored cream cheeses: You can do commercials or make one to your liking. For this we only have to use an original flavor cream cheese and season it with grated cheese or spices to taste.
- sweet spreads: depending on where you are, you can get dulce de leche or peanut butter among others.
- honey and syrups: having a rather liquid consistency, they can be used to bathe pancakes, thus giving them more moisture and sweetness.
- Vegetables: the ideal is to use those that are already prepared in canned or pickles.
- vegan mayonnaises: can be used as a spread and left as a base for the topping.
- Avocado (guacamole) trodden: you can add lemon and it is much richer.
Mini variations on the oatmeal pancakes recipe
a good way to flavoring oatmeal pancakes It is adding ingredients to the mixture of the original recipe that can be crushed banana, grated coconut, grated apple, vanilla extract or some processed vegetable such as spinach, chard, kale, carrot, etc.
We can also replace the cow’s milk in the recipe with vegetable milk. This will provide double benefit from the taste and nutrition, making them healthier and even suitable for lactose intolerant people. Keep in mind that it may affect the fluffiness of the pancakes.
Oatmeal pancake ideas for kids
It is known that food has to look good and appetizing, especially for children. That’s why a good option to make our oatmeal pancakes for the little ones is to cover them with ingredients that may be striking like chocolate chips, meringues in pieces or why not, make faces with fruits.
Another good option is make the pancakes with cute and amazing shapes. If they are skilled with art, they can create them by hand at the time of pouring the mixture into the pan, otherwise there is a wide variety of molds that can be bought in the shape of a bear, heart, star, etc.
pancakes with oatmeal are a good way to incorporate a lot of benefits in the early hours of the morning. If your idea is to eat oats every day or whenever you can, then you can incorporate them with different ingredients and processes. If you want to go deeper, I leave you here some ideas of healthy and sugar free breakfasts!
Healthy oatmeal pancakes recipe
- Yield: 2 personas
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium eggs
- 60 g rolled oats or oatmeal
- 5 gr of Royal type nutritional yeast
- 30 gr of sugar (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Milk amount needed
- Butter to moisten the pan if necessary
How to make fluffy oatmeal pancakes
- Pour the eggs into a bowl and stir with a fork or whisk until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat. Add the oats. Mix all the ingredients until a homogeneous mass is left.
- Add the pinch of salt and yeast. Remove until everything is integrated correctly.
- Add milk until you get the desired consistency.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and put a teaspoon of butter until it dissolves. Repeat before each pancake if necessary so it doesn’t stick.
- Pour some of the batter into the pan and spread it out to cover an area of approximately 12 cm. Observe the bubbles on the surface of the pancake.
- Turn when the holes that are formed stop closing. Let the pancake brown for a few seconds and remove.
- Use the first pancake to make sure that the mixture is good and that the following ones do not stick to the pan. Continue stacking the oatmeal pancakes on a plate until the mixture is finished.