Iberian secret: Tasty baked dish
You are welcome and welcome to the world of Paulina Cocina. It is known that the pig is used from end to end. In this case, I want to tell you about a particularly tasty part that is highly sought after by meat lovers.
If you have never heard of the iberian secretToday I am going to try to tell you everything about this delight.
What is the Iberian secret?
There is talk of the Iberian secret because it is tastier if it comes from the Iberian pig that if it comes from the white pig, since these first have a natural upbringing in terms of diet and movement. It is one of the most valued cuts. Delicious the way it’s prepared and easy to cook, it’s generally cheaper than most cuts.
It is believed that its secret name comes from being a cut that is hidden from the naked eye.. To get the iberian secret the muscle should be cut horizontally. Although it is also said out there that it is considered a secret because the butchers kept it for their personal consumption.
Where is it located in the pig?
The Iberian secreto is the part of the pig that is in the armpit area. It is a piece of meat located on the inside of the loin, between the shoulder and the bacon.
They usually weigh between 150 and 200 grams and are fan-shaped. From each pig you can get two portions of Iberian secret. The Iberian secret is one of the fattiest pieces and tasty Iberian pig. It is also known as a crosshead or tenderloin.
Also, if you don’t like this cut of pork, you can try the pork tenderloin with beer.
Tips on how to cook this cut
This cut of pork can be recognized by the white marbling of fat between the meat, that is, streaky. It gives the meat texture and juiciness. For this reason cooking the Iberian secret is quite simple but even so, there are some points to take into account to achieve the best dish.
- Before cooking the Iberian secret it is important season. The pepper and coarse salt will penetrate during cooking, adding to the juices.
- If we are not going to cook in the oven, use a very hot iron plate or grill for the Iberian secret. This is so that the meat receives a process similar to that sealed making the juices remain inside.
- Cook the Iberian secret over medium heat. This is to prevent it from being burnt on the outside and raw on the inside.
- The Iberian secret offers its best characteristics when it is ¨to the point.¨ But of course the point will depend on the taste of each diner.
How to plate?
Before putting it on the plate and once the waiting time has passed for the meat to settle out of cooking, we must cut the Iberian secret.
The best way to cut the secreto ibérico is to follow the direction of the marbling of the fat that can be seen with the naked eye. Therefore the cut must be perpendicular. Thus, it is possible to obtain a tender meat without breaking any muscle fiber.
Baked Iberian secret recipe
- Yield: 2 personas
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 350 gr of Iberian pork secreto
- Salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil required amount
How to cook Iberian secret in the oven
- Put the oven to preheat to 220°.
- Remove excess fat from the secret. Brush both sides with extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt the piece to taste.
- Put the baked pieces on a plate and cook for 7 minutes. Then turn.
- Cook 6 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let the meat rest for a couple of minutes covered with aluminum foil.
Ingredients for the accompaniment of the dish
For the salad
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 medium fresh tomato
- ½ green chili without center or seeds
- ½ red chili without center or seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil required quantity
- Salt to taste
For the puree
- ½ onion
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 potato
- 1 glass of whole milk
- extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
Preparation of the accompaniment
- Cut the salad ingredients into small cubes. Combine them in a bowl and season with salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Reserve.
- Put a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the finely chopped onion.
- When the onion is transparent add the zucchini in pieces. Saute two minutes.
- Add the chopped potato and milk.
- Cook for 20 minutes until all the ingredients are soft.
- Remove from heat and crush with potato masher, fork or process. Salt to taste
- Plate an omelette and accommodate a portion of puree in the center.
- Add the portion of Iberian secret.
- Finish with the salad on top.