Hello to all the friends of Paulina Cocina! It is always nice to think about summer and a refreshing drink like summer red. Although the cold predominates in our lands, we know that in other latitudes the heat is wreaking havoc. For all of them we bring you this delicious aperitif, very common in Spain, so that they adopt it as a new classic, wherever they are. It’s worth it!
Today we are going to give you all the details to learn how to prepare it, the choice of the vinothe difference with indentation, some delicious accompaniment suggestions and at the end a super simple and detailed recipe with step by step. Forward!
About summer red
He summer reda refreshing and tasty drink, is a classic of the Spanish culture which is usually enjoyed during hot summer days. This very popular drink is the perfect option for those looking for a light and delicious alternative to red wine traditional, which tends to lose followers in summer.
It is a popular option in bars, restaurants and outdoor gatherings throughout Spain, as it is easy to prepare, does not need too many ingredients, and you do not need to have knowledge of cocktails to make it.
What does the recipe for this drink contain?
Simplicity is one of the most charming features of this recipe. To prepare this exquisite drink, you only need two main ingredients: red wine and soda (soda) of lemon.
It is also common to add ice to keep it cold and a few slices of lemon to enhance its flavor even more. This basic recipe invites it to be an ideal option for those looking for a drink that is easy and quick to prepare, but full of flavor.
What is a summer red wine in Spain?
In Spain, it is more than just a drink, it is a social and cultural experience. The Spanish have embraced this refreshing drink as part of their lifestyle and summer traditions. Whether enjoyed on a terrace with friends, at a beach party or at a family gathering, this drink is a symbol of the joy and relaxation that characterizes the Spanish summer.
There is even a movie, released in 2013, that bears that name, “Tinto de Verano”o “The wine of summer” starring Spanish actress Elsa Pataky.
Difference between sangria and tinto de Verano
Although both sangria As the tinto of summer They are very popular Spanish drinks, they have some distinctive differences.
While tinto de Verano is prepared with red wine and lemon soda, sangria is a mixture of wine red with fruits, sugar and often includes some additional liquor. Furthermore, the summer red with lemon It is lighter compared to sangria, which tends to be sweeter and higher in alcohol.
The perfect wine to create the best summer drink
The choice of wine is key to obtaining the right flavor and balance. It is recommended to use a young, light red wine. These wines have fruity notes and a refreshing acidity that combine perfectly with the citrus touch of the lemon soda.
Summer red vs. beer: Which one has more alcohol?
Tinto de Verano and beer are popular options to quench thirst during the summer, but in terms of alcohol content, the Tinto de Verano is the lightest option as it is diluted with lemon soda..
In any case, it is always important to consume any alcoholic beverage in moderation and alternating with water to avoid dehydration.
5 tips to prepare the summer drink
- Wine Choice: As we mentioned before, choosing a young, light, well-fruited red wine is the key base for this drink.
- Proper proportions: The traditional proportion is one part red wine to one part lemon soda, but if you are looking for a lighter flavor, you can increase the amount of soda.
- Add lemon slices: Lemon slices not only enhance the flavor but also add a visually appealing touch.
- Experiment with other fruits: A few slices of orange or grapefruit can combine very well and add other notes to the drink.
- Mint leaves: A few mint leaves can give the drink an even fresher flavor.
4 perfect accompaniments
- Spanish tortilla: A delicious potato omelette is a classic option to accompany tinto de Verano with lemon.
- Flamenquins: Some crispy ones flamenquins with Serrano ham are an ideal delicacy to enjoy with a summer red wine.
- Pickled anchovies: Marinated anchovies are a delicious option to enjoy with this drink.
- Spicy potatos: Las Spicy potatoswith their spicy and tasty flavor, are an excellent accompaniment to red wine.
Follow me on Instagram (here)
And on YouTube I upload new videos every week (click here)
Summer red recipe
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 bottle of young red wine
- 1 bottle of lemon soda
- Lemon slices
- Mint leaves: optional
How to make summer tinto step by step
- In a large pitcher, combine the red wine and lemon soda in equal proportions. Add ice to the mixture to keep it very cold.
- Add a few lemon slices to enhance the flavor.
- Stir gently to mix all the ingredients.
- Serve in wine glasses or tall glasses with some mint leaves (optional). To enjoy!